Food Trend Thursday: Pinterest Predicts 2019 Trends


 I don’t think today can get much trendier in the world of Food & HealthTrends. Today, Pinterest released their food trend forecast for 2019. They collect this data from the search intake on their site. Now a couple things before we first dive into the list. Pinterest is still a thriving media platform for those seeking to gather information on travel, health, food, and crafts. This is also a great reminder that just because something that is “trending” doesn’t always make it 100% fact. Make sure that before you buy into a trend, do research of your own. Look to see if any research studies have been conducted and ask questions to professionals. Trends are fun and ever changing, but cannot always be trusted…remember when this was also trending…
Image from here


  1. HEALTHY HABITS

According to Pinterest, healthy habits are trending. As a food, nutrition, and health educator, this brings my heart so much joy! Pinterest collected that the increase in searches regarding more healthful practices is up 475%. So know that when you are choosing to stay the healthy course, you are staying on trend as well. 

2. SLEEP


Sleeping is one of my more innate skills and I am thrilled to see it is trending. My mom instilled in us, at a young age, that sleep is important and that you are no you when you are sleep deprived. Once again, my mom was on to something because everyone is realizing that sleep is something to prioritize. One way Pinterest is noting that individuals are monitoring their sleep schedule is via sleep log! 

 3. BREAD


I think one of the food trends I am most excited is the upturn in interest of baking bread! There was a 413% increase in the hunt for homemade bread recipes. People are specifically interested in the fermented quality of homemade sourdough. I can feel a potential programming opportunity arising from this….

4. FOIL PACK DINNER 
Call me a trend setter or not, but I think I may have something to do with this next trend. If you remember in my Food In the Field Pack Lesson we learned how to make farmer foil packs that are handheld and a great way to use leftover vegetables. Well that must have taken off because foil pack dinners are trending in 2019. I will try and share more foil pack recipes! 

You can get the recipe for my Farmer Foil Packs here


5. MUSHROOMS
 To be honest, I saw this trend coming. I have noticed that mushrooms are getting added into just about everything including drinks and teas! The fungi caught the eye of Pinterest as well and is trending for 2019


If you would like to read more about the 2019 Pinterest Trends, you can see all of them here: https://newsroom.pinterest.com/en/post/pinterest-100-the-top-trends-for-2019

Comments

Popular Posts