Food In The Field

When I applied for my position in Extension, I had to come up with some hypothetical programs. One of them was a program seeking to nutritiously feed farmers during the busy seasons of harvest and planting by providing them with nutrition information, simple recipes, and easy ways to include more fruits and vegetables into their diet....

My hypothetical has become a reality with Food in the Field. An online, web based program that allows participants to watch their lessons at their convenience.

Many were skeptical including my husband, a fellow farmer, but here is a picture that was sent to me by a participant who went to our trial run of the program.


Vegetables, Fruit, and a whole grain bun to complete a nutritious meal for the field. 

If you would like more information or to participate in this program, call (402)372-6760 to register and join us for our first and only in person meeting on September 18th at 5:30pm at St. Francis Memorial Hospital. 


Comments

Popular Posts