Pizza Poptarts

Store bought pie crust. Without a doubt one of the most underestimated items in the canned baked good section, but among the biscuits and pizza crusts there is the tool to a plethora of meals. I always try to have a box of pie crust in our fridge. In a bind, I can whip up a fruit pie with frozen berries or peaches from the season before. If we are in the mood for breakfast for dinner, I can fill the crust with eggs, spinach, and ham for a filling quiche. If I need to bring a side to a get together, I can layer thinly sliced tomatoes for a rustic tart. Pie crust is the real MVP.

Most recently it helped me in my most recent leftover makeover! I had a container of leftover meat sauce, no more pasta, but I did have pie crust. What came about was a portable lunch that was delicious, 3 ingredients, and perfect for a lunchbox or farmer's cooler.







Pizza Poptarts
ingredients
1 pie crust cut into even, matching shapes
(every top needs a matching bottom)
Leftover meat sauce, the thicker the better
Mozzarella cheese

directions
This is a great recipe to get kids involved as well!
1. Lay out 1 piece of pie crust and spoon on 2-3tbsp of meat sauce
2. Sprinkle with 1-2 tbsp of cheese
3. Lay matching piece of pie crust on top
4. With a fork crimp all the edges down so that ingredients stay sealed inside
5. Bake in an airfryer at 350 for 15 minutes or in an oven at 350 for 20-25min. Check the bottom of the poptart to make sure the dough is completely cooked.

















 

Comments

Popular Posts