Lunchbox #3

You will notice that my lunchbox posts jumped from 1 to 3. That is because lunch #2 was a major flop. It was an "array" you could say of whatever I could find in the fridge and Charlotte ended up only eating the pizza rolls and avoided anything that was a fruit or vegetable. I tell you this because you win some and you lose some.

Today, I'm feeling good about the lunch I packed. I thought about easy, fast, nutritious meals and I thought "BREAKFAST". Most the breakfast foods I make can be made in a flash and Charlotte is open to eating anything that is a usual morning meal, so I backed her breakfast for lunch today.


Lunch components include:
1.  oatmeal sweetened with honey and topped with flax seed and blueberries
Side note about flax seed - sneak that in your kids food if you can. It is a great source of the essential fatty acid Omega -3 which helps support brain health and function. Since their brains reach capacity around age 5-6 it's important to feed their bodies and brains. I sprinkle flax seed on top of oatmeal, add it into smoothies, throw it into pancake batter, and even add it to peanut butter sandwiches. 
 2. Sausage Patty - Charlotte is obsessed with sausage, honestly I could put it in her lunch everyday and she would eat it.
3. Clementines - a lunchbox dream. They aren't messy, easy to peel, full of vitamins. #teamclementine
4. Yogurt - Charlotte's a big yogurt fan too and these are easy to pack and easier to eat.
5. (not pictured) Angel Food Cake - Charlotte informed me that I forgot to pack her dessert. She noticed others were getting cookies and candy in their lunchbox. I guess unsweetened applesauce doesn't count as dessert. oops.

Comments

Popular Posts