4-3-2-1 Ingredient Dishes


 
So recently, I have fallen into a serious rut. My cooking utensils have cobwebs, I haven’t touched my juicer in a year, and the sight of my oven actually bothers me at this point of the summer. In terms of cooking I have "fallen off the wagon". Nothing really sounds good and frankly it wasn’t detrimental to my health I would be on diet of chips, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese and dr. pepper. I’m going to just go ahead and blame it on the heat and cheer and utter exhaustion after surviving my first County Fair that might be manifesting itself in my kitchen. In order to not starve, I have had to simplify greatly. My meals are simple, require little preparation, but still manage to be delicious. Here are a list of dishes that require few ingredients and minor preparation for you to try.

4 Ingredients: Blackened Tilapia with Purple Slaw
Start by laying out your tilapia on a foil lined baking sheet, in order to limit dishes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder none of which are included in the 4 ingredient list for the sake of my articles integrity. Place under the broiler until flaky. I love the broiler for fast cooking because although it is the oven, no need to preheat, because the summer is hot enough! In a large bowl, add thinly sliced red cabbage a dollop of sour cream and the juice of lime (the final three ingredients). Serve the fish on top of the slaw and serve with salsa, fresh cilantro, tortilla chips, guacamole, or whatever else you like on your fish tacos.

3 Ingredients: Roasted Corn and Zuchinni Salad
Broiler Alert. Start by laying out for 3 ears of sweet corn on again a foil lined backing sheet. I usually dived half the baking sheet to my corn and the other half to my roughly chopped zuchinni. Drizzle with Olive oil, salt, and pepper (not counted ingredients) and roast under the broiler until roasted and just tender. Move to a mixing bowl and add in some fresh basil, the final ingredient. Its great warm, cold, and served along side grilled chicken or brats.

2 Ingredient: Roasted Peaches with Ice Cream
Half peaches and lay flesh side up on, you guessed it, a foil lined backing sheet. Throw under, surprise, surprise, the broiler until slightly charred. Top with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.

1 ingredient: Grilled Watermelon or Tomatoes
Cut your watermelon into large wedges and brush lightly with olive oil. Throw onto the grill until some good grill marks are formed, remove, and enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts