Leftover Chicken Stir Fry

 Lately I have been getting lots of questions about meal planning. It can be a daunting task but one thing that I have found that helps is working with what I have and a lot of time that is leftovers. This is a great recipe to re purpose leftover chicken you might have. White meat, dark meat, shredded, or not any chicken works great for this versatile recipe.

(I have also decided that trying to make stir fry look pretty is not a skill that I possess. So look past the picture and take my word for it when I say this dinner was amazing.)

 Cilantro Peanut Chicken 

 Ingredients
4 cups cut up or shredded leftover chicken
2 cups sliced mushrooms
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 can sliced water chesnuts
Peanut Butter
Teriyaki sauce
Honey
Lime juice
Cilantro
Chopped roasted peanuts


Directions
1. Sauté garlic and add mushrooms until slightly tender then add water chestnuts. 
2. Add in chicken to heat through. 
3. Add enough teriyaki sauce to coat the ingredients and then 1 tbsp peanut butter. Drizzle about a 1/2 a tsp of honey all over. Squeeze juice of half a lime. 
4. Cook until all is combined and season to taste with more salt or lime. 
5. Add cilantro and chopped peanuts. Serve with rice or in a lettuce wrap!   


Comments

Popular Posts